Bird and Native Plants
More birds are attracted to my yard because of the native plants found there. Most birds are insectivores and insects need plants to survive. The native plants provide excellent feeding opportunities birds searching out insects (e.g. butterfly larva). Birds are so plentiful in my yard that I never have any problems with insect pests.
Birds & Nest Boxes
Learn about birds that nest in cavities. A nest box (birdhouse) can sometimes replicate a natural cavity.
- Cavity Nesters are birds that nest in bird houses/nest boxes.
- Nest Boxes are used to attract cavity nesting birds to nest in your yard.
- Nest Box Traps can be used to trap introduced house sparrows and starlings that compete with our native birds
- European Starling Control describes methods to prevent starlings from nesting.
- House Sparrow Control describes methods to prevent sparrows from nesting.
- Euthanize Sparrow & Starlings describes humane methods of killing European Starlings and House Sparrows.
Birds Nesting in my Yard
Learn more about birds that have nested in my backyard.
Birds Visiting my Yard
Learn more about birds that have visited my backyard.