About the Guide
The plants in this guide are found in northeast Kansas. It includes both native plants and introduced plants. Native plants are those that were found in Kansas before it was settled by Europeans. Introduced plants are those that have come from other continents and even other parts of North America.
The guide include growth characteristics as well as images of the plants.
The guide uses a Searchable Plant Database.
The images include pictures of the following:
- single simple flowers and a group of flowers that form an inflorescense
- leaves, one of the most useful part of the plant used for identification
- stems of herbaceous plants & twigs, trunks, and bark of woody plants
- fruits, such as pods, nuts, and berries
Characteristics include the following:
- average mature plant height
- average mature plant width
- upto two flower colors per plant
- months when plants bloom
- moisture requirments
- sun requirements.
- native status
- invasive status
- landscape status
DISCLAIMER: This page contains affiliate links in the right hand panel, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my website and allows me to continue to add new content. Thank you for the support!